Meet the Avant, a part of the Selle SMP4Pro widest saddle family! Avant is based on the same tried and true principles as all of the SMP4Pro saddles. Width-wise Avant is suitable for riders with a wide pelvis. This is an excellent saddle for big riders! By the way, Avant also works brilliantly on Brompton folding bikes. The soft expanded elastomer cushion makes Avant a brilliant choice especially for mountain biking, but also for long-distance touring. A long time favourite among female riders too, as women´s pelvises tend to be somewhat wider!
Big riders place some special requirements on a saddle. This is true especially when it comes to durability. Selle SMP4Pro saddle´s worldwide patented construction and materials (AISI 304 stainless steel rails and carbon fiber reinforced Nylon 12 frame) ensure that the saddle will withstand some extremely hard use. To break one of these saddles requires more than your bare hands! You knew that Selle SMP4Pro saddles do not have a weight limit, right?
* Suitable for touring-MTB-road-triathlon (Brompton too!)
* Light “Foamed Elastomer” padding
* Surface Material: Leather (Black) Microfiber (Colored)
* Saddle frame with carbon fiber reinforced Nylon 12
* Rails AISI 304 stainless steel, diameter 7.1mm (optional unidirectional carbon fiber rails 7.1 x 9.6mm)
* Dimensions 279 x 159cm
* Weight 370g